Road Traffic SignageEMERALD SKY TRADING 38 (PTY) Ltd
Road Traffic Signs are signs placed in the road reserve to guide, give instructions, warn, provide information and direction to road users and motorists.
With extensive knowledge and experience in the field of road traffic signage plans, standards and required criteria, detail designs and implementation thereof, Emerald Sky can provide our clients with a comprehensive and integrated road traffic signage service including visual road sign surveys, intersection layout plans and road sign drawings, road sign detail designs, sign and system analysis and development of signage systems. Our specialised expertise also includes the development of tourism routes and tourism signage
Our clients ranges from National to Provincial, Metropolitan-, District- and Local Municipal Government Level.
Some of our key clients for whom we have successfully completed large-scale road signage projects, include:
- The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd (SANRAL)
- Free State Province: Department of Police, Roads and Transport
- Sedibeng District Municipality (SDM)
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality (EMM)
- The City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (CTMM)
- Gauteng Department of Economic Development (GDED)
- Sarah Baartman District Municipality (SBDM)
- Dr Kenneth Kaunda District Municipality (KKDM)
- Subcontracting to/Assisting several Private Clients with existing contracts
These projects included, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Visual road sign surveys of approximately 9000km of roads.
- Assessment and analysis of the quality, technical correctness and standard of all surveyed road signs according to SADC RTSM standards and according to the requirement and policy of the relevant authority and client.
- Develop AutoCAD drawings and layout plans with recommended and technical correct road signs per intersection, and stripmaps for the sections of road between intersections.
- Schematic and detail designs of road signs on software called Road Signs Design Unlimited (RSDU), known in the industry as TrafSoft.
- Compilation of a Bill of Quantities for the replacement and upgrading of road signs.
- Compilation and evaluation of tender documents for the replacement of road signs.
- Site supervision during installation of new road signs.
- Compilation of Tourism Signage Plans to tourism facilities, Tourism Routes Development and Tourism Route Signage.
- Development of a Policy document with standards and criteria for directional road signage to major facilities for 2010 Host Cities.
We have also completed several projects for private clients. The projects included, inter alia, the following tasks:
- Development of road signage and applications for signage for the Southgate Shopping Centre, Gallagher Estate, Eastgate Shopping Centre and different hotels.
- Development of a changeable signage system to Gallagher Estate for special events.
- Design of applications to the different authorities.
- Implementation of road signs for the Eastgate Shopping Centre.
- Different hotels.
- Filling stations and tourism facilities in different provinces.